1. RISKS – Property Owner

Commercial Property Insurance provides cover to buildings you own and the legal liability you might incur as owner of the building. At Assist insurances ltd. We can arrange Property Owners Insurance for:

  • Mix of residential & commercial property including placed under a single policy,
  • Residential properties split into units (Bed Sits)
  • Unoccupied properties (commercial and residential)
  • Industrial estates / Business Parks (Liability and Property)
  • High Street retail units let out or vacant
  • Residential Buy to let (both individual and as a block of properties)
  • Shopping Centres
  • Hotels
  • Blocks of Holiday Homes
  • Listed properties

Cover generally includes:

  • Material damage Material Damage
  • BI (anyone location) €6.5M.
  • Employers’ Liability €13M.
  • Public Liability €6.5M.

Extensions available depend on which insurer is chosen but can include:

  • Inadvertent failure to insure
  • Damage to grounds and landscaped gardens limit
  • Alternative accommodation up to 25% if buildings sum insured


2. RISKS – Apartment Blocks

Typical Cover Includes:

  • Property Damage: Buildings insured on an “All Risks” of Loss or Damage basis

Automatic Extensions included for:

  • Day One 10%
  • Loss of Rent/Alternative Accommodation: 25% of Buildings Sum Insured
  • Cover for Common Area Contents, Landscaping, Fire Brigade Charges, Trace & Access, Change of Locks, Clearing of Drains
  • Can include Retail/Commercial Units but cannot include Contents within Apartments
  •  Business Interruption: Insures Rent Receivable on Commercial Units (Indemnity Period: 12 or 24 months)
  • Employers Liability – Limit €13m
  • Public Liability – Limits of €2.6m or €6.5m automatically available – other Limits available on request.
  • Extends to indemnify the Management Company as Property Owner,
  • Management Liability – Limits of €500,000 or €1m available