If you are using your private car for any level of business use, you need to ensure that your car insurance is covering you for the correct class.  We can advise you on which class your business use will come under.


It is important when choosing car insurance to ensure the correct class of use. For example if you use your vehicle for occasional business use then your car insurance should be arranged on that basis.

Class 1 – Car Insurance gives the social, domestic & pleasure use and also gives an extension to use the vehicle for business use, it is restricted to personal business use and not business of anyone else, excludes carriage goods.

Class 2 – Car Insurance use covers social, domestic & pleasure use, and use in the connection with the business of the insured, but excludes commercial travelling or the solicitation of business.

Class 3 – Car Insurance will cover for social, domestic & pleasure purposes and use in connection with the business of the insured including commercial travelling.

At Assist insurance we can arrange suitable car insurance depending on your use of your vehicle. The Covers available are generally the same as those found under policies arranged on a Social Domestic and Pleasure basis.


  • Windscreen Breakage on Comprehensive policies
  • Step Back Bonus Protection as standard
  • Full Bonus Protection available if required
  • Driving of Other Cars, provided policyholder is 25+ years with a full license and occupation not in Motor Trade or Driving related
  • Trailer / Towing Cover (Third Party Liability cover)
  • Personal Accident Benefit on Comprehensive policies
  • Breakdown Assistance
  • Bonus Protection for one fire or theft claim per period of insurance
  • Personal Effects Cover
  • Temporary Replacement Vehicle
  • Foreign Use – most European countries covered

CONTACT US today for your free car insurance quotation